My goal is to provide service to families in a way that is accessible to families with a wide range of resources, while also valuing my own labor and supporting my family’s needs. This sliding scale is an effort to meet a range of needs. See below for a self-assessment for where you might fall in this scale.
|Tier A||Tier B||Tier C||Tier D|
|Phone Consult Package||$50 flat fee||$120 flat fee||$200 flat fee||$300 flat fee|
|Hourly Phone Consult||$20/hour||$65/hour||$100/hour||$150/hour|
|IEP and Disability Consult*||$15/hour||$40/hour||$100/hour||$200/hour|
* Disability justice is a passion of mine, and children and families in need of IEP/Disability consulting may be facing a variety of needs. I make a special effort to make this service financially accessible.
Sliding Scale Self Assessment Questions
- Are you paid an annual salary?
- Do you own your home or other land?
- Did you go to college? Did you go to graduate school?
- Do your children attend private school?
- Is your credit card debt a no-stress or low-stress part of your life?
- Do you have dependable health insurance? Do you have dependable access to healthcare?
- If you had an emergency expense that cost $400, could you cover it without using a credit card, borrowing, selling something, or taking a loan?
- Have you, or you do you expect to, inherit money or property?
- Do you employ a domestic worker, such as a nanny, house cleaner, or care worker?
- Do you have disposable income?
- Is your household income more than $100,000/year?
Sliding Scale Assessment Results
- Tier A—I answered mostly or all No
- Tier B—I answered more No than Yes
- Tier C—I answered more Yes than No
- Tier D—I answered mostly or all Yes
Sliding scale structure inspired by AORTA.